It could be that the person is ready with a hosting plan, has the domain name registered and has fabulous products and services to render to the end users. The next thing to be done is to create an e-commerce website. WordPress is considered to be a wonderful tool for website creation that can be done quickly and easily.
By making use of WP for e-commerce sites, it is possible to create a dynamic e-commerce site that can be maintained without any professional support.
How eCommerce site can be created by using WP?
• WP installation: After getting logged into the cPanel of the hosting account, look under ‘Software’ heading for WP link. The WP files can be installed by having the link clicked. A password gets generated which is to be entered for logging into the administration panel of the site. Using default theme, the site would be installed.
• Choosing Theme Template: Under free WP themes category, one can come across hundreds of free themes on Google. The files are to be unzipped after the zip file is downloaded to the desktop. The theme files are to be uploaded to the theme folder of the site on server (wp-content-themes). The admin area of the site is to be logged into and appearance to be clicked for activating new theme. ‘Add new’ is to be clicked after choosing the new theme, which would get applied to the site.
• Adding e-Commerce Plugin: For finding a suited e-commerce plugin for adding to the new e-ecommerce site, look in Google for ‘WP e-commerce plugin’ and have it downloaded onto the desktop. Now the files are to be installed in the plugin folder of the site’s server (wp-content-plugins). E-commerce links would appear within the account, products, checkout, transaction results and page sidebar after plugin gets activated.
• Adding products: Product parameters to be set up by visiting general settings of plugin and adding the products. Irrespective of the downloaded plugin, any number of products can be added as desired. All of them can be managed from the admin panel.
• SEO: Meta tags and title for the WP blog content can be optimized by having ‘All-in-One SEO Pack’ to be installed. For creating search engine friendly URLs or webpage addresses and for changing permalink structure, settings>permalinks>custom structure, is to be visited. Have “/%postname%.html” inserted within blank box and save changes made.
• eCommerce site promotion: Without much traffic to the WP e-Commerce site, not much sales will take place. Few effective ways for traffic generation include:
* Article marketing
* Blog directories
* RSS directories
* PPC marketing
* Video marketing
* SMM (social media marketing)
• Website monitoring: The number of visitors can be tracked, simply by having the site statistics to be visited, which mostly is likely to get included with the hosting plan. Also it is possible for tracking as to where the visitors have been coming from as well as the keywords used by them.
With the above way, one can have WP site to be converted into e-commerce.